Monday, June 30, 2008

Impersonations



After watching the golden-fronted woodpeckers that are everywhere around here and then Alton (pictured in the backgroun), our boat driver, climb up coconut trees with ease, I thought that I'd give it a try. I was a ways up the tree before I realized that at some point I had to go down, safely. Going up was tough, but I was at a loss for how to get down. That part is going to take some practice. Next time, I'll try it barefoot. If I survive, I hope to have some pics!
(Photo credits: Top Photos-- Leslee Parr; lower photo -- Mario Mota)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I always wondered how the climbers got down. In all the documentaries, you see the person climbing up the tree but never climbing down, they only show the last 4 or 5 feet when they just jump to the ground.